We have had a busy start to reopening: reestablishing routines, returning from remote learning to face to face learning and completing in school testing. All of this has required adjustment from everyone: staff, students and parents. Thank you for working with us to ensure your children have the best learning environment during this significant period of change.
We are now two weeks into our full return and will be focusing on two areas of high expectations over the next week. We have reminded students of these expectations in tutor time.
All of our gates open at 8:15am and students need to be through the gates by 8:25am.
At 8:25am all gates except the front gate close and students arriving after this time will be recorded as late and will serve a same day 15 minute detention.
Arriving later than 8:45am will result in an increased sanction. From 8:45am every late arriving student requires a member of staff to accompany them which is a significant demand on our resources.
Many of our students are wearing their uniform with pride and are meeting our high expectations.
From Monday 22nd March we will be stopping students at the gate if their uniform is incorrect. We will be contacting home so we can rectify the situation so they can commence their learning as quickly as possible.
Areas where reminders are required for some students are:
- On the day(s) when your child has PE they must
- wear their PE top (long or short sleeves)
- black tracksuit bottoms (or Philip Morant leggings)
- their PE hoodie and/or their blazer over your PE kit
- No other jumper/hoodie is acceptable.
- No other types of leggings are acceptable
- Students may only wear PE kit on days they are timetabled for practical PE, or in year 11 for practical dance or drama.
- While the weather is still cold, the PE or performing arts hoodie may be worn under the blazer on non PE days. This is not an alternative to the school blazer which must be worn at all times including at break and lunch. The hood must be kept down.
- Ankle socks must be black. Knee high socks must be worn below the knee.
- Skirts should be no shorter than just above the knee.
- Students will need an outdoor coat. Non uniform hoodies or jumpers will be handed in if worn during the school day.
- Students must wear formal black shoes, with laces or secure fastening with flat or very low heels only (no ‘Converse’ or ‘Vans’).
- False nails, gel nails and acrylics are not permitted. Subtle, natural and minimal make-up and nail decoration will be accepted.
- Students are only allowed to wear a wristwatch, a single unobtrusive ring and a single pair of ear studs (one in each earlobe). Students are not allowed to wear facial piercings at school.
We can provide support if any families find themselves in financial difficulties, this is funded through the COVID winter support grant. We can also confirm that Free School Meals funding will continue through the Easter holidays.
Thank you for ensuring your child is wearing the correct uniform so we can ensure we quickly return to the high standards that have been established.
Mrs S Neill
Head of School