Thank you for your important part in our students returning to school in good uniform and well equipped.
On Tuesday we were visited by the Health and Safety Executive as part of their inspection of COVID secure arrangements in school and we are pleased to advise you that no recommendations were made from the visit as all of our procedures were strong.
We are writing to you today ahead of the national lockdown that will start tonight.
As you will be aware from the announcement from the Prime Minister, schools are to stay open. At the time of writing, we have not yet received any official guidance on how this will affect schools.
In light of the national lockdown we will be making the following changes to our already robust procedures from tomorrow
- We will not be holding face to face meetings with parents on site. We had already kept these to a minimum but these will now all be through video or telephone.
- This will be the last week when other visitors to school will be allowed who provide anything other than statutory visits or identified individual support.
- We had already introduced to students on Monday arrangements for the end of break and lunch to ensure we could check every student is wearing a face covering before they enter the building. Students may also be in groups of no more than 6 at break and lunchtime.
- Almost all meetings between staff were already virtual but from Thursday staff will meet with no more than one other member of staff at any time. Staff will not attend any external meetings or other school sites.
- We will not require our staff to complete evening activities and in light of this will be postponing the year 11 parents’ evening in November. Key information will be sent to parents along with a progress report.
- Our building is closed to all lettings.
- Outdoor sport will continue in PE lessons and in the Sports Academy but this is with controlled measures and the Sports Academy will no longer have fixtures.
- The content of all practical lessons will be reduced for the next four weeks to ensure social distancing can be maintained.
- Students in Sigma Sixth will need to be at home on their study days apart from identified students who need identified additional support. They will be contacted individually.
- VI6 students will attend their home school and will not move between schools.
You can help by please ensuring that your child does the following:
- Brings a coat to school every day – students will continue to be outside at break and lunch
- Brings at least one face covering to school every day – please check this
- Arrives at school on time. Anyone arriving late has to be escorted to their lesson and this takes up valuable time and students do miss learning while they wait for a member of staff to be available. Students who are late serve a 15 minute detention on the same day and frequent lateness will result in escalated sanctions.
Full attendance is still expected in schools, so please continue to notify firstname.lastname@example.org of any absence or use our Edulink app if you are part of the year 9 trial. We will be rolling out access to Edulink to all parents over the next week.
If you have any concerns or queries, please do contact us via email@example.com. We are here to help as best we can in this difficult time.
Mr Holder Mrs Neill
Executive Headteacher Head of School