SIGMA TRUST MISSION, VISION AND VALUES STATEMENT
To be “Greater Than The Sum Of Its Parts” represents the mission statement for The Sigma Trust. We believe we are stronger and more successful working together than we would be as separate institutions.
The mission for each academy within The Sigma Trust is to ensure that no child is left behind. Education should foster in its learners a curiosity to discover who they are and what they are capable of, together with developing the resilience for them to test the boundaries of their abilities, and build the skills necessary to face the future with confidence.
Our vision is to ensure that all of our academies are at least “Good” with strong and improving outcomes and are able to demonstrate outstanding provision. We will achieve this by:
- Establishing a local family of academies that fully embrace the mission, vision and values of the Trust.
- Ensuring that best practice becomes shared practice so that no school is left behind.
- Recognising the uniqueness and achievements of each academy.
- Enabling every school to be a giver and receiver of support.
- Developing a relationship where autonomy and accountability go hand in hand.
- Creating a centre of educational excellence and innovation within the area.
- Working in collaboration with others to enhance the educational experience of children in the community.
- Training, recruiting and retaining teachers, leaders and support staff through high quality professional development.
- Requiring that services are delivered efficiently and represent outstanding value for money.
The Sigma Trust values the following attributes:
- Integrity – be honest, transparent, trustworthy and true to your beliefs.
- Passion – be positive and enthusiastic about what you are trying to achieve.
- Aspiration – aim for your best and set high, realistic goals.
- Resilience – never give up and strive to improve.
- Accountability – take responsibility for your words, thoughts and actions.
Respect – for yourself, your environment and other people.