Dear Parents & Carers of those youngsters joining us in September 2020
I hope that you and your family are safe and well.
We would like to take this opportunity to thank you for choosing The Philip Morant School & College for your son or daughter.
Due to the situation we are all experiencing with regard to the pandemic, we will not be able to offer Year 6s our normal transition programme. That said, we will do our very best to ensure that your child becomes familiar with the school so that they feel as ‘school ready’ as any other year.
As a starting point, you may find it useful and informative to read a copy of our Induction Booklet.
Our school office has/will be sending out a ‘Looking Forward to Year 7’ letter, via email, which explains our process. If you have not received this by Monday 22nd June please contact the school.
Our Transition Programme will now be delivered remotely through Google Classroom. Details of how to access this online platform are in the aforementioned letter.
As a parent or career, we have produced the following checklist:
- Complete Online Admission Form
- Read ‘Looking forward to Year 7’ letter *
- Login to Google Classroom
- Read Induction Booklet
- Virtual Tour of the school – recommended
- Read Philip Morant’s Co-Curricular Opportunities
- Contact the school if your child needs a Medical Care Plan
- Read Free school meals information
- If required, complete Free school meals application
- Read Peripatetic Music Lessons
- Read School uniform information
- Order School uniform (you can order your school uniform now apart from your school tie which we will give you in September. You just need to ensure that your ParentPay account has £5.00 in it for the first day of the school term to purchase the tie).
- Term dates
- ParentPay (login details available in August)
- ParentPay (optional extras – details available in August)
- First-day information (details available in July)
- 01.07.2020 – Update Letter_issued_01.07.2020
- 09.07.2020 – Update Letter_issued_09.07.2020
* Please note that the ‘Looking forward to Year 7’ letter will only be sent after we have received an ‘Admissions Form’ from you – please use the online Admissions Form. A username and password for your son/daughter will be sent in the letter. This will allow your son/daughter to login to our google classroom and start benefiting from the resources that we have placed there to help them with induction.
You may find it useful to use this Checklist to ensure that you have done everything so that your child has a good start to Year 7. (This is for your own information and will not be used by the school in any way. You do not have to use it, but it is here if you find it useful) Your email address is requested so that you receive a copy of your checklist. This means that you will be able to come back to complete your checklist anytime you want as you work through the items.
We look forward to welcoming your child in September.
Mr Holder Mrs Neill
Executive Head Teacher Head of School