The current situation regarding COVID-19 is having a significant impact on the economy and our local community.
With this in mind, I would like to share with parents and carers the criteria for Free School Meals and to inform you about the government’s new National Voucher Scheme.
This new initiative provides parents and carers with a voucher which can be spent in local supermarkets to the sum of £15 per week for every child who is eligible for benefits related free school meals who is not attending school.
The criteria is as follows:
Children in Year 3 and above
Your child may be eligible for free school meals if you are receiving any of the following:
• Income Support
• Income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance
• Child Tax Credit (not Working Tax Credit), with an annual income below £16,190
• Pension Guarantee Credit
• Employment and Support Allowance, income related
• Support under part 6 of the Immigration and Asylum Act, 1999
• Working Tax Credit run-on, paid for 4 weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit
• Universal Credit, with a household income of £7,400 or less (after tax and not including any
benefits you get)
Your application will be refused if you’re not receiving any of the listed benefits. Please consider this before applying. You can apply at www.cloudforedu.org.uk/ofsm/ofsm-east
Executive Head Teacher